Wednesday 25 July 2012

Movie Review: The Dark Knight Rises




I can't review this film. I didn't go into it searching for flaws or approach it with a critical perspective. It's an important film to me not only because it's Batman but also because it's the end to Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. All I'll say is this, 'The Dark Knight Rises' is the greatest film I've ever seen, it is an epic in every sense of the word and featured one of the most compelling stories I've ever seen and the most talented cast (including one of Christian Bale's best performances) ever assembled onscreen. This greatness has been sullied however by some maniac in Colorado who decided to take lives whilst people gathered to watch this film. Don't be off-put by this scumbag, don't think the film is cursed or any of the ridiculous shit that's currently being peddled by some of the media, this all has nothing to do with this movie and shouldn't affect people going to see it whatsoever. If anything I would advise watching it in spite of the murders since I feel the film's message is only made more powerful as a result. In the wake of a terrible tragedy, a film rises.


No comments:

Post a Comment